W.O.W.

The tulips finally bloomed. We headed out in the evening to catch the low, glowing light on all the tulip fields. Washington is a huge tulip bulb producer in America and we happen to live about a 15 minute drive away from all the major tulip fields. The daffodils provided us with a glimpse of what to expect when the tulips arrived, but I think we were both a bit blown away by all the color. It was like walking through a watercolor painting. Of course, native forest would be better - but since we had these fields right next door, we had to go and treat our eyes to all the colors. Quite the experience. The make things even better, we decided to treat ourselves to a beer and pizza at the local brewpub in La Conner. Jay got a tiny tax return back from his one month of work in 2008. I didn't even have to file because I made no money at all! I even called the feds to make sure I didn't have to do anything. Isn't that deserving of a beer?
Enjoy the pics - more can be found in my "spring" album in my Picasa site.





Oh yeah - I got a job! Don't start jumping up and down yet, it is only part-time...one week of work a month for the next four months. Not ideal, but getting my foot in the door of the WA ecology folks IS a big deal. So, this is a start. I'll be a field team leader for an intertidal monitoring project on a Native American reservation. They hire a lot of biologists to help them manage their resources and this job is a great "in" with the tribal nations in the area. Specifically, I'll be working for the
Lummi Nation just northwest of
Bellingham, WA. The two men I'll work for seem really great and I'm excited about possible job opportunities that *could* come out of this short-term work. That is why we got that beer last night, to celebrate a little extra $$ coming into the bank account.
Yeehaw!
1 comment:
Congratulations, Julie! I knew you'd get it! Yea. Of course that's deserving of a beer -- and more. Good on you. Love, abw
Post a Comment