The visit with my sister was far too short and yet we managed to have so much fun, I don't think I'll be able to pack in all the fun activities we did into a tiny little blog. I've uploaded a ton of photos (mostly Christina's and not mine) to my Picasa album though - feel free to browse through them all!
She arrived late Monday night, which was good because I am teaching a night class at the community college. So I finished teaching and drove straight to the airport to pick her up!
She arrived late Monday night, which was good because I am teaching a night class at the community college. So I finished teaching and drove straight to the airport to pick her up!
Each morning Jay would head off to work, and Christina and I would head out on a long walk somewhere around Anacortes. I didn't have to teach until 1pm, so I had the mornings free to play! The first morning we headed straight to my favorite walk around Cranberry Lake, accessed a few feet from our house. The next soggy morning we headed over to Washington Park to walk a loop road in the rain and marvel at all the great wildflowers. And the third morning we headed up Sugarloaf, a little hill that gives you some huffing and puffing and great views! Good thing it was sunny out that day.
Christina and soggy Washington Park
Each evening we also did something fun! Although the tulip farmers had just knocked all the flowers off the tulips (better for the bulb industry), we found a display garden of tulips and had fun there. That night we made an awesome dinner of homemade sweet potato gnocchi with a creamy gorgonzola sauce and had a local WA white wine to pair with the dinner.
Christina and Jay were excited about their big ol' Dungeness crab dinner. They made sourdough crepes stuffed with apples and brie to pair with the crab.
It seems like I've been obsessed with the idea of grilling something yummy for dinner at Deception Pass State Park. So, on another night, Jay and Christina braved the cold weather (but it was sunny) and dealt with me dragging them to the park for the BBQ. It was gorgeous outside and so fun to have veggie kebabs (brushed with a tasty miso glaze) and a local WA red wine.
We ended our Seattle fun with drinks at the funky bar in our hotel, Hotel Deca and then we headed out to an AMAZING restaurant called Monsoon. We totally scored on this lovely, tiny, fancy, and yummy Vietnamese restaurant in a funky part of Seattle called Capital Hill. Jay and I are already scheming when we can get back there because the food was incredible!
The next morning, Sunday, we got up early and drove Christina to the airport. It stunk to say goodbye to her. We miss our families so much and we had so much fun with her. We just didn't want the visit to end. Now we are home, I'm avoiding work by writing this blog and Jay is making us a fiddlehead and chive risotto for dinner. We got the fiddleheads at the market in Seattle, a serious score. I miss my sister.
1 comment:
I just love seeing our girls together having so much fun. Loved the big smiles. So glad you had these special times together. Yes, we miss you too.
Love Mom
Post a Comment