Friday, April 9, 2010

Tulip time!

It is tulip time in Skagit Valley - and we couldn't have asked for better light last night when we went for a short drive after work around the tulip fields. We are lucky to live about 20 minutes away from all the flower power. Biking would be the coolest way to explore all the colors, and I remember having fun biking around with my friend Tim last year. But we are workin' folk and had to drive fast to get to this low light on the flowers. I got a kick of of some really excited Asian tourists who were talking loudly and happily as they all shot photographs in the fields with their really really awesome cameras. I was a bit jealous of all the fun they were having, it was really cute. Jay and I were more mellow - just staring at massive patches of colors. I was pleased to see that not all of the tulip fields had fully bloomed yet....that means there may be hope for my sister to see them when she comes to visit in a WEEK! Yipee!





No comments: