This is the TUCKER - the cool tracked truck that we get to drive around on the sea ice. Henry and Jackson - I get to drive this! Am I am cool Aunt or what? =)
Thursday, October 7, 2010
First dive!
I did my first dive in Antarctica today! It was pretty incredible and totally totally freezing. I am, without a doubt, the cold wimp on the team. It sucks being the wimp, but you are what you are and I am not warm under there. That said, I think there are some simple things I can to to keep my body a bit warmer in the 27 degree water. I'll need to dive again (Saturday) to see if that helps! We are working from 7:30am until about 10pm so I am exhausted and will leave these pictures to tell the story so I can go to bed.
My good luck charm - a sweet juvenile Weddell seal was using our dive hole for a breathing hole right before our dive. Damn cute.

This is the TUCKER - the cool tracked truck that we get to drive around on the sea ice. Henry and Jackson - I get to drive this! Am I am cool Aunt or what? =)
This is the TUCKER - the cool tracked truck that we get to drive around on the sea ice. Henry and Jackson - I get to drive this! Am I am cool Aunt or what? =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Great job, Julie! We love following your journey. Thinking about you daily :)
WOW! diving under the ice! Incredible!!!
Oh that last comment was me- Julie L! :)
Post a Comment