Monday, October 18, 2010

Busy!

Mt.Erebus (active volcano)

We work long days here in the Antarctic and every time I think I will have time to write a blog, I don't! So it is late now and I want to go to bed...... I've posted more photos in my Picasa account and those tell stories on their own. Life is good here though, it is gorgeous. I'm slowly getting used to the cold and the diving and enjoying each day more and more!

Yesterday (Sunday) was a treat - we didn't dive or work! So we went for a hike around the base...here are some photos from that!

See how warm I am?

Jennifer and Stacy

Me, chipping ice from a dive hole with a Weddell seal in the background

This is a real treat - this is a huge sea spider (pycnogonid). Normally they are so small you can rarely find them on dives...here they are giant! This one is in a touch tank....

Stacy and her buddy in the hole

Sunset colors on the sea ice

More photos here: http://picasaweb.google.com/111221596171793333099

No comments: