Well - the big news is that I was offered a "part-time" position to teach Intro Biology classes at a community college in Everett. I decided to take the job. I put "part-time" in quotes because it isn't really part-time (it's more like full-time), it just means I'm not a tenured or tenure-track faculty member. I will be teaching two classes (same subject) and that will totally occupy my life for the fall. Classes start 2 days after we get back from our honeymoon. This means I'll spend the month of August prepping. I admit that I'm dreading the loss of life that usually comes with teaching and prep work. But, we need a new car and I like teaching - so I really want to give this a chance. The community college, (
EvCC or Everett Community College) is quite nice! Super shiny new buildings and great faculty in the Biology department. Nice labs. If I had normal hours, which I won't, I could commute by bus. I am trying to think of ways to use that bus!!
Other news - we are going to try and get another car in the next couple weeks. Maggie (my car) is still doing fine. But she is old and rusty and the west coast mechanics all freak out when they see her rust (they don't salt roads here). Stay tuned!
And finally - here are some photos from our visit with Jay's dad,
Buz, and his partner Charlotte. They were here last week and spoiled us rotten. It was wonderful to spend time with them!

Jay and Charlotte on
Orcas Island

All of us at Deception Pass State Park

Some unidentified wildflower, I'll figure it out soon when I have time. I'm super busy right now with three part-time science-
ish jobs!
Yahhh!

That's some big piece of seaweed
1 comment:
I believe the pink flowers are called Twinflower, and they're the only species named after Carolus Linneaus, creator of binomial nomenclature. I think the Latin name is Linnaeus borealis. That's my best guess, based on my plant knowledge!
Congrats on the new car...we're in the process of searching for a new car, and trying to wait it out until the new CARS program (cars.gov) goes into effect later in July. I want to get the $4500 voucher for our gas-guzzling Explorer!
Have fun with your new job!
Susanna (Mike's still at FLETC)
Post a Comment