We spent the first half of our trip along the southeastern beaches in the country. I love this photo of Jay snorkeling off the Ko Phi Phi Islands. See the two purple anemones on the bottom right? They had some especially lovely skunk anemonefish hanging with them. We spent a lot of time with those two anemones, taking in the sights of the surprisingly healthy reefs and clear water.
The beaches of southern Thailand (off Krabi) were stunning.
Now we are in Ko Tao - in the Gulf of Thailand - and snorkeling there. See who is hiding in this photo? If an octopus could talk, it would be saying "no really, I'm just a black sea cucumber." Cute.
Not a great shot - but always cool to see fish school around coral heads
Bangkok bling!
The Damnoen Saduak Floating Market is a photographers dream....and the people were so nice. I remember that Jay got a great cup of coffee from one of the boat vendors. Random memory, but I cherish those tiny, sweet memories the most.
Wat Chai Wattanaram - Ayuthata
Wat Phutthaisawan
Stunning Wat Si Chum - Sukhothai
What would travel be if you didn't fall in love now and then?
Jay gets personal at the Thai Elephant Conservation Center
One must learn as much as possible in other countries - including how to cook like a Thai! These shots are from the beginning and the end of the cooking class we took in Chiang Mai.
I had to stick in this photo of a TV screen that I took because it is so fun to be abroad during the Olympics! The last time I was abroad when the Olympics happened I was 19, loving life, traveling alone, and staying in a youth hostel in the Blue Mountains of Australia. I remember watching the Winter Games with Aussies, Brits, Germans, Japanese, and probably some other countries too. What fun it was to feel the spirit of the games where everyone rooted for their own country passionately, but really we were all happy to simply watch some great athletic feats together. Watching the Summer Olympics in Thailand was a bit different because we never sat down with many travelers and watched the games as a group. But seeing what the Thais broadcast from the Summer Games was totally cool - they are far more interested in ping-pong, weight-lifting, and badminton than the USA. Thankfully, they still showed some of the swimming events! I was even lucky enough to watch Michael Phelps pull in his amazing win in the 200m fly. Incredible.
Wat Phra Mahathat is one of the more famous spots to photograph in Thailand....so here is my shot to add to the collection.
Tiny Jay and the huge reclining Buddha at Wat Lokaya Sutha
https://picasaweb.google.com/111221596171793333099/BestOfThailand2008?authkey=Gv1sRgCNTv4OPDwejXDQ&noredirect=1
https://picasaweb.google.com/111221596171793333099/BestOfThailand2008?authkey=Gv1sRgCNTv4OPDwejXDQ&noredirect=1
No comments:
Post a Comment