I believe this is the first photo ever taken of Jay and I - we are in the freezing house I rented with three other awesome women when we were in grad school together. Bayberry Lane, Narragansett, RI - 2003. I miss those girls!
Our first vacation together in the summer of 2003! Jay came to visit me while I was working for Glacier Bay National Park in Alaska. We went up bay with our friends on a magical five-day paddle filled with wild strawberries, orcas right next to our kayaks, glacial calvings, beer, and laughter. Someone snapped this shot of Jay and I in a double kayak in front of Johns Hopkins Glacier.
Once we finished graduate school we moved to Cape Cod and soaked up summer!
After three years in great jobs, we left our positions on good terms, packed tiny little backpacks, and hit the road for a 13-month trip abroad. This was taken during the first week of travel in Moorea, French Polynesia - 2007.
Jay impressed me with his ability to get out of sticky situations in New Zealand
South Island wanderings, New Zealand
After leaving New Zealand we headed to the equator and spent a ton of time underwater (or snorkeling) throughout SE Asia.
Angkor Wat - Cambodia
Engaged in Vietnam! 2008
After arriving back in the States in November of 2008, we moved west to stunning Washington State and got hitched in September 2009.
WOW! Mt. St. Helens. We have a ton of fun living in the playground of
Washington. It seems we are never around on weekends because we can't sit inside when there are views like this to explore!
And finally, what lives are complete without the love of pets? We adopted kitties - something we wanted to do for a long time. Darwin and Lester are the best cats in the world. And here we are today! We love being together, we love snow, and we love to ski - so going north to Whistler, B.C. seemed like a great way to celebrate! The snow conditions were O.K. on Saturday but fantastic on Sunday. I took this photo from the lift on the way to the top of Whistler Peak. In the past we haven't gone to the top because of poor weather or because the conditions were too sketchy for wimps like me. Sunday, however, was perfect with a bunch of fresh powder on the peaks ad even in the village. We even dragged our asses out of bed early to try and get first tracks!
Here is Jay at the top of Whistler Peak about to drag me into the very steep and snowy Whistler Bowl. I made it down alive! It was kinda fun but I had to convince myself to turn each time! You can just barely see the B.C. Olympic man sculpture thingy behind Jay.
Frozen tree sculptures at the peak
A sooty grouse decided to go for a stroll up the trail that I was coming down. Fun sighting! I made grouse mating sounds to it and it stared back at me like I was totally nuts.
Sunday was St. Patty's Day so we stopped for a Guinness at lunch time. Yummy.

1 comment:
What a wonderful memory lane You two are very special. We love you
Post a Comment