Thursday, July 14, 2011

Back from bliss

We are back from our vacation in my favorite place in the world, Gustavus. It may be Jay's favorite spot too now....although he still loves the tropics. The trip was amazing and I can't wait to look at our photos and tell you all about it. Alas, this has been a super busy field week for me and our weekend isn't looking too open either! Jay and I are going to participate in a mud run (ha ha ha) on Saturday at the Bivalve Bash. Doesn't that have my name written all over it? Well, Alaskan adventure stories will have to wait. I will say this though - going to Gustavus feels like going home. Coming back to Anacortes feels foreign (minus the fluffballs Darwin and Lester who make it easier to come back). I like Gustavus a thousand times better despite the fact that I really like Washington. *sigh*

No comments: