Friday, February 4, 2011
Funny kitties and the birds
Our lives have been quite boring lately because we are tied to Anacortes while the geoduck (pronounced goo-e-duck) fishery is going on. I have to be there at the end of a fishing day to weigh their catch in order to keep track of their quota....so if they fish I have to be here. But weather is fickle, as are fishermen. So sometimes they can't go when they planned on it and Jay and I lost two potential fun weekend days last week to canceled fisheries. Oh well - that is life I guess. These guys wouldn't dream of fishing on superbowl day though...so Jay and I are going to hit the slopes of Mt.Baker (we figure it will be empty and we don't care about football).
I've had some gorgeous drives to work this week. I get to work by 7am and the sun is just beginning to rise now during my drive. It gets even more fantastic at my desk.... I have a great view of the water from my chair. These gorgeous mountains are part of North Cascades National Park. I love seeing them every clear day.

The other big entertainment of the week - we finally put our bird feeders back up! This has provided endless entertainment to the kitties (and me). As I sit here there are birds fluttering back and forth and feeding. The birds don't seem to notice the two kitties in the window chattering away at the birds with tails flicking back and forth. I am waiting for a cat to hurl itself into the window (Darwin did this once at our old house) but that hasn't happened yet. In the meantime, this is super fun to watch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment