Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Diving in the tropics is a piece of cake

Sunrise from the dive boat

We have been having a blast the past few days - despite all the attempts from the nasty rain gods to cramp our style. We have been diving, snorkeling, beach bumming, driving on crazy narrow roads, waterfall searching, blowhole watching, and bird watching. Now I'm going to bed! But here are a few pictures from our holiday in rainy Maui. More stories will follow when I'm not falling asleep. But I will note - it is awesome to wear 12 pounds instead of 46 pounds of weight when diving. And one thin hood (to try and stay warm in these not so hot waters) instead of two thick hoods and a latex hood on top of that. I could flip upside down in a second here and listen to whales singing. But I could only see maybe 100-150 ft. In Antarctica I could see forever.


See the frogfish?

Julie inspects an artificial reef

Jay discovers the 'Iao Needle

Rocky coastline of West Maui
Pale white Washingtonian

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! ---Lots of love, Tracey