Thursday, September 30, 2010

On the ICE!

I've made it to the place of my dreams! Antarctica is cold but wow, it is more gorgeous than I imagined and I haven't even done anything yet! We had a long flight over from the USA to New Zealand and headed straight to work (rather than bed)... tried on gear and picked it up.
I've got to make this short but the long story short is we made it on our first flight( rare0 and I'm here! More to come later!

The sexy model shows off her nice jacket dubbed :"big red" by folks down here

On the big plane with more leg space that I thought we would have AND a real bathroom (very exciting, I was expecting a bucket because that is how it used to be on the flights)....

Bob, Stacy, and little me

Henry and Jackson - here is your water drop on the plane to Antarctica!

First views of a dreamy land....


The view from our lab

The sunset lasted for hours.... I'm very happy.

No comments: