Well, we have nothing exciting to report on the blog. Really, life has been relatively boring the last two weeks. Jay spent a week down in CA taking a course for his job and I spent every minute of my "life" (if it can be called that) putting lectures together and grading. I am lucky to get time to swim, but I still hit the pool even if it means that I'm up until 1am instead of midnight. Crappy is one way to put it.
We did have a little fun this weekend though. We both need new hiking boots badly, so we have spent the past two weekends visiting REI stores to try on boots. The Bellingham store did not have a great selection, so we headed to Seattle today to try out boots in the big store. Jay got lucky - they had a boot that fit him well and he got a pair! I'm not so lucky, seems no one wants to make boots in a "narrow" width anymore. So my feet area sliding all around in the boots (this spells BLISTER). I'm going to have to special order a few different types that REI doesn't normally stock to see if something will fit my silly narrow feet.
That's the boring stuff.
The FUN stuff is that we found a brewpub Jay had heard about called Hale's. So we sampled their beer and a spent-grain pretzel before driving further north to Carmelita's. This is a restaurant that my sister told me about a year ago! It was voted one of the top 10 best veggo restaurants (yes, that means no fish) in the nation! So, I had been dying to go there and tonight was the night. We were not disappointed. I actually listened to the specials (normally I tune these out because they are never veggo) and I could order anything on the menu! And LOOK at the menu. Bliss. Bliss. Bliss. These people are not messing around, the food was lovely. This was clearly the highlight of the past two weeks. Now whoever comes to visit us will get dragged here by me! Yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment