Well folks - it's official! Tinkerbell has been bought by a wonderful Malaysian couple backpacking around New Zealand. I might be a bit sad about this, as I have been known to get attached to things like my car (Maggie), my bike (Bluebell), the boat I used at work (the Privateer - how could I not love it?), etc... So when I saw the couple drive away with Tink I felt like they were taking OUR van away from us. They better take good care of Tinkerbell.
Aside from being a bit sad though - we are VERY happy to have some cash back in our NZ bank account. We have 2 weeks left in New Zealand - isn't that UNREAL?! We actually tried to change our flight to Oz to head over there earlier, but most of the seats were taken. We may decide to "upgrade" our fare and go earlier - but we don't really know what we are doing yet. You will have to keep tuning into the blog to find out!
In the meantime, we love staying with David and Heather and Little Cat - and probably will over the weekend. Then we will rent a cheapo car and head up to the Northland to dive the Poor Knights Islands. We know that much!
And we miss you all - our dear friends and family. Hope you had a great St. Patty's Day and that you all send us pics of whatever you want to share soon (doesn't matter what- we thrive off of seeing our friends and family)!
1 comment:
Hi Guys!
Sorry to hear about Tink, but we're glad you've got some cash! We doing well, in Michigan at the moment. We'll be headed to the UK in April.
I can't believe we only left NZ in Jan, it seems like ages ago now. Reading the blog brings it all back!
Post a Comment