Saturday, December 22, 2007

Happy Holidays!


Happy holidays and new year to all! We went to a farmer's market today to buy treats for our Christmas dinner with Gretchen and Matt. We even bought a nice bottle of wine for the evening too, using our discount at Montana!
We will be heading north today to Picton (where the ferry from the North Island arrives). One of our coworkers just got a new boat for his water taxi business....and he is taking us out for a spin in the sound. I can't WAIT to get out on the water and to attend a Kiwi "Sea and Sausage" party. I'm bringing the veggo treats, and Jay is bringing a bunch of green mussels he bought at the market today. After spending the night up there we are off to Nelson Lakes National Park - for long hikes and mountains. I bet Jay will fish, and I will stare at the mountains and dream. I doubt we will be near the internet, I hope not actually. So - our next update won't be for a week but you are all probably too busy to be checking this a lot anyway!
We posted the rest of our photos from Kaikoura - finally. Sorry it took so long. And, finally, we have an address for a month (we leave the last day of Jan.) - if you are struck with the idea of mailing something to us. We also have a cell phone.... ADDRESS: Julie and Jay, Watsons Way Lodge. PO Box 82, 56 High Street, Renwick, 7243 Marlborough, New Zealand PHONE: from the states dial 011 - 64 - 2102580055. If you are not in the states, 64 is the NZ country code and you have to figure out how to dial out from your country.... =)
We hope everyone drives safe in all that snow (if you are east coasters) and that you all have a great holiday! We send our love to everyone....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie and Jay,

funky Ass Blog. Looks like you is hav'n a bootylicious tizzle. I heard there was a large earthquake in New Zealand a wizzle or so ago so sit back relax new jacks get smacked. Hope alls is wizzell. Bow wow wow yippee yo yipee yay. Send'n you warm wishes fo` a stoked n healthy new year...gizoogle style!

Uncle HaHa!!