Thursday, July 14, 2016

Raja Ampat in black and white


I finally finished going through all of our underwater shots from our December trip to Raja Ampat (Indonesia) and I thought I would post a few of my black and white favorites. I can't resist a few color topside shots at the end of the blog plus a video. Man, we love this country. This was our third time here and we love how each island is different in its own exciting way. Papua and Raja Ampat were such hot spots of biodiversity, it was a biologist's dream come true.

Sweetlips

 Find the shrimp on this anemone!

 Surgeonfish 

 Teira batfish

Diversity
 
 Soft coral polyps

Gorgonian coral

 Fam Islands

 Fam Islands

 Papua Explorers in the evening

 Ummmm....tea break here? Damn. O.K. I guess.

J&J happy as clams in Indonesia

Finally, I don't have the time to put together a "video" but I did stick a bunch of my favorite clips from topside and underwater shots together for this non-edited video clip. I love it.....if you do that is great. If not, well....I love it!!

After this I'm done with posting about diving in Indonesia (for this trip at least) but I still have plans to post about the fantastic birding (think birds of paradise), kayaking, and cultural experiences we had on this trip. Maybe I'll be done posting about this trip by our next trip in December. Which might be in South America. Or India. Or Africa. Too many choices!

No comments: