After Jay arrived we managed to squeeze in one day where all the Barbers and Barber-Justs were together! Here is a rare photo of all of us in one place. We wish it could happen far more often.
My uncle and his family came to visit on one of the days I was in NY (prior to Jay's arrival). Although we were bummed to miss my cousin Kurt, we were thrilled to get some time in with David, Connie, and our cousin Lynn. She is in her second year of college and I haven't seen her since our wedding in 2009! It was great to catch up with all the Fredas - I wish we could see them more often too.
![]() |
| Lee and Allison |
A real treat during our visit was attending the wedding of my dear friend Sarah. Sarah and I have been friends since seventh grade - pretty impressive considering all the time that has passed! Throughout years of living far away from one another, we have maintained a friendship that I know will last our whole lives. She married a wonderful man, Chris Hansen. We are thrilled to welcome him into our lives too - if only we could see them more often!
| Allison, Kim, Sarah, Julie - in perfect height order |
Our last days out east were spent at my sister's house. Christina had planned an unbelievable menu for our visit - but the real amazing stuff happened on New Year's Eve with blood orange margaritas and gourmet Mexican food. We rang in the new year with a game of Cards Against Humanity and a ton of great laughs.
Just before we left Jay got to power build a LEGO White House! I think he was pretty excited to go back to his own LEGO-obsessed years! We never get to spend enough time with our nephews.....so any time we get with them is a blast. Can you believe how big they are getting?
Coming back to our house is always nice because of these two damn cute fluff balls. They like it when we come home too and we typically end up with cats sleeping on our heads the night after we come home.
Back in the swing of work/play life here we decided to start our ski season with a day at Mt. Baker this Saturday. The snow was O.K. - not great, not bad...but the company was the best in the world and the views were stunning on this crystal clear day.
It was fun to spot Yellow Aster Butte from the ski hill....we camped just to the left of the butte right in the middle of the photo this summer. Wohoooo for winter!
https://picasaweb.google.com/111221596171793333099/NovemberDecember2013?authkey=Gv1sRgCJKJra-118zOTA
https://picasaweb.google.com/111221596171793333099/January2014?authkey=Gv1sRgCLqx_cCXjLvvUQ


1 comment:
Oh my gosh, Sarah got married! How amazing! And you got to see Allison and Kim - so CRAZY! I don't think I've seen them since we graduated from high school. AMAZING! I'm so glad Sarah met someone lovely! Please tell them all I say hi. xx
-Tasha
Post a Comment