Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Boletus edulis var. grandedulis and Chlorophyllum olivieri

This the most glorious season of all. Does this blog require words? I think not. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves..... after this paragraph! We spent the weekend in Oregon with our dear friends Erik, Britton, and Danielle (and our new friend Mark, Danielle's awesome husband whom we finally met). One more dear friend, Jennifer, was involved in the shenanigans of the weekend - sadly we did not actually get to see her but she let us crash at her house in Newport. The weather was fantastic, the mushrooms were EPIC, and the friends don't get any better. We are feeling grand.....and full of mushrooms.

King bolete

Crooked Britton and bolete
Boletes are CUTE when they are small
Welcome to the mushroom jungle

IPAs to celebrate the massive bolete haul on the beach
Mushroomers are an odd bunch
Need I say more?
Parasol mushroom found by my office. I struggled to get work done this day due to uncontrolled excitement over my dinner.
Not sure what species this is..... but it was pretty

Parasols!     
Cream of bolete soup with fried parasol mushrooms on top and a lovely Challenger Ridge red wine

1 comment:

Mom B. said...

Wow what a great find.

See you tomorrow for dad's surprise party