Friday, November 9, 2012

Off to Indo!

Yipee!  We are about to leave on a much-deserved (if I do say so myself) tropical vacation. We decided to go back to Indonesia, which may sound lame since we have already been there.....but the country is so darn HUGE that we didn't even touch the surface of it.  We fly into Hong Kong, spend a day there, and then fly out that night for Jakarta (on Java). The next day we will catch a domestic flight to Sulawesi where we plan to spend lots of time diving and doing nothing on a beach. This is a huge country, that domestic flight will take 4-5 hours! If the volcano in northern Sulawesi behaves, we may check out the rainforest too! You know us though, very little planning has been done so we can wing it! We leave from Vancouver, BC tonight and will come back on the 25th! Wish us sleep....

Until then, I'll leave you with some photos of our soggy mushroom hunts from October...

 Grayland State Park - perfect bolete habitat without the boletes. Damn.

 Grayland State Park dunes....

 It poured on us through our shroom hunt, as Jay demonstrates.

Thankfully we rented an awesome yurt at the park instead of hitting the tent. That would have sucked given the downpours.
 Red hot milk cap

 Finally, a chanterelle. We found a few in Olympic National Forest on our way home.

 Fancy eggplant meal I made without mushrooms.

A few weekends after that we hit another national forest and found some gorgeous angel wings mushrooms. These are tasty.
WA rocks it! Now we can legally smoke up and EVERYONE can get married. Here is my vote! And oh so thrilled that Obama is where he should be for the next four years. Ahhhhh.

1 comment:

Kat H. said...

Wow, fantastic travel plans! I can't wait to hear more and see pics upon your return. I like your style, Jay and Julie!