After a very complicated week, we have moved into our new rental house in Anacortes. We were sad to leave our other house, but our landlord decided to move back in, so we didn't have much of a choice. Jay found a great looking house in the woods while I was in Antarctica and we were super excited to move into a private spot overlooking Puget Sound. But the mold gods said otherwise. I have a very keen sense of smell and the minute I stepped into the house for the first time, I could tell there was a mold problem. Indeed, we found mold growing on some spots on the walls in the house. So, the make the complicated part of the story short - we backed out of the lease and got all our money back.
But in the midst of backing out of one lease, we still needed a place to move to this past weekend (when we had to be out o f our old house). Jay had checked out another house literally just down the road from our current house. We looked at that house together and at another house that was listed on craigslist. We liked the other house on craigslist a bit better, but he was no where near ready for people to move in. So, we took the more boring home in the burbs because we could move right in. My friend Nickie told me we can give it personality. So, we are in the same neighborhood as before, still right by Cranberry Lake, still within biking distance to work for Jay, and still in the burbs. Some day we will escape and live in the woods - but that time just hasn't happened yet.
Although we had to give up the lovely fruit trees in our other backyard, our new backyard is way more private and has huge conifers! We actually heard two great horned owls the first night we slept over and we think they were in our backyard. That is very cool!
To make things even more fun, I have managed to get an awful cold and was pathetic in terms of helping with the move. Good thing Jay is strong cause he did everything.
I'll post pictures of the house when we have found it among all our boxes. But here is the new address:
3817 W 4th St.
Anacortes, WA 98221
phone #'s are the same as always.....
1 comment:
Yay! Happy new home. Can't wait to see the photos. And I'm so glad you guys won't be living in a moldy house.
Post a Comment