Saturday, December 12, 2009

The remainder of Banff/Jasper photos - finally!

Well, because my grades are submitted for the community college, you would like to think I have gained my life back. No such luck - with only 5 days left before I leave for NY I have a TON of stuff to do in order to be ready to teach again. But I'm really missing my hobbies, so I am refusing to work for three days. I have finally, after months, finished going through our honeymoon photos and uploaded all of them. You can find the link to these pictures here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/jdimond/CanadianRockiesOurHoneymoon#

I have big plans tomorrow and even tonight to go through the wedding photos from our friends Mike and Kelly. Then I'm hoping to actually put together a "best of" album from the wedding, we have nothing up on Picasa yet! This, I suppose, is proof to how much my life has been sucked away by this new job. No time at night to do anything but lectures and grading. Not my cup-o-tea. I'm all about work hard and play hard...but not work hard and work hard. Anyway - here are our Banff photos.... what a place!

View from the parking lot where we started on our sweet little overnight backpacking trip

Campsite on Glacier Lake

Jay got to do some fly-fishing and I got to gape at the gorgeous light


While we were sleeping an INSANE wind and rain storm blew in. If we had not been in the Canadian Rockies, I would have thought that there was a tornado coming. You could hear this gnarly wall of wind coming toward the campsite, we both started thinking about where to go in case trees started coming down! But, this wasn't necessary. Forget sleep though - the noise was intense. And when we woke up in the morning, we had gone from gorgeous blue skies to equally gorgeous dripping clouds blanketing the mountains. Perfect.

Crowfoot Glacier

Now we are in Yoho National Park - we rented a canoe and headed out on a paddle on Emerald Lake.
Neat view of the lake from our canoe

1 comment:

meg said...

we LOVED emerald lake! very nice pics! takes me back to our honeymoon! :)