Friday, February 8, 2008

Pictures!

Well folks - we finally took a TON of time to upload all our photos from the last week. Here we are in Aoraki/Mt.Cook National Park. I LOVED it here.... I think Jay was quite happy too!

And here are the wonderful, entertaining, yelow-eyed penguins....with one of their two fluffy chicks begging in the background. We uploaded far too many pics of them, but we couldn't help ourselves. There is even a video that should make you LAUGH - all of these are in Julie's album.
And here is what I wanted to come to NZ for -the only mainland colony of albatross in the world. The Otago Peninsula supports a small northern royal albatross colony. Look at that wing span! It is about 3m (or 9ish feet). These are HUGE birds and they are simply wonderful to watch as they soar around. We were there watching them for almost 2 1/2 hours and we never saw the birds flap their wings once.

Both of our picasa albums have new photos up - look in the February folder. And folks - just a hint - we MISS our family and friends dearly. I admit, when we get online, the first thing we do is search for comments from friends/family on the blog. So, feel free to comment! We miss hearing from you. Enjoy the pictures!

1 comment: